Friday, September 4, 2009

'Moon Safari'

I'll let you guess how many hours I spent doin' nothing, playing Coolboarders 2 in my dorm room while listening to Air's "Moon Safari."

The thing about Air and music of this genre is that probably a lot of people listen to this not thinkign they're music snobs or whatever but it's a great soundtrack for those moments in life that sound better with Moog organ.

I don't follow the careers of Air. I don't pretend to be on top of whatever genre they're a part of or anything. But there's an invaluable component for such an album. It makes the album more valuable to me -- being as it was just a huge part of my life without being a huge part of my life -- than it is to an actual Air fan that loves the album.

And don't get me wrong, it's a great album. Loved re-discovering this.

The answer: Probably about 1,000 hours. There was also quite a bit of Insane Clown Posse involved as well.

No comments: