Saturday, January 15, 2011

'Chicago'

I can't imagine someone repulsing me as much as Renee Zellweger repulses me.

In fact, no one that I have ever known puts me off near as much as Zellweger does. My initial exposure to Zellweger came in the theatres while watching Jerry MacGuire. She had a girl-next-girl quality about her that was cute, but not overwhelming.

Over time, it's gotten worse. The face that looks like she's been stung in the face by a hive of bees. The fluctuating weight and her obvious desire to be skinny despite all of that.

Plus, she's a shit actress. She's awful. The very thought that she is nominated for awards makes me ill.

Mostly, I just wanted to throw a series of shoes at the TV screen whenever she's on it. Talking or otherwise. She's thoroughly obnoxious, so much so I'll avoid a film if she's in it.

Overall, Chicago is pretty bad. The only definable quality to the film is that it has an ending and a lot of the music is extremely similiar to that of Cabaret.

No comments: