Saturday, December 17, 2011

'Paranoid'

I don't know if I've given Black Sabbath enough thought to even form an opinion.

But that's a good album. The riffs are meaty, the guitar leads are blistering (for the time), it's sludgy, British metal, and yet it doesn't forsake the melody. There are good songs here.

Foremost, I think there's "Iron Man." I've probably listened to the Cardigans' cover of "Iron Man" more than I've listened to the original.

However, I dare you know to put this on the stereo and crank it. It's a great, great song. Geezer Butler's bassline is incredible. The guitars just absolutely kill it. The lyrics make as little sense as possible.

I think you can say what you will about Ozzy Osbourne. Maybe he's a cartoon character now, but I would say that he's always been a cartoon character. His look and his antics are not entirely too different than being on a reality show and being a sort of a punchline. I don't think he cares. I sincerely believe he knows that he's had one heck of a life, one blessed compared to toiling in some Manchester coal mine or factory.

No comments: