Monday, January 16, 2012

'Rust Never Sleeps' & 'Ragged Glory'

By my count, this is the final two Neil Young albums on the 1,001 list. Which means I'm finished.

Certainly, my horizons have expanded by watching all these films and listening to all of these records. Young might be the best example of an artist that I cared so little for and knew so little about that I found out I liked a lot.

These are two of his later albums included on the list, Ragged Glory released in 1990 and Rust Never Sleeps, a partial live album, released in 1979. There was about a five-year stint where, according to whoever comes up with this list, Young wasn't putting out very good albums.

Granted, artistically and commercially, this was a dry spot for Young. I guess through five decades you are bound to have one or two.

I think both albums are pretty good. Early in his career, I felt he could do no wrong. That caught up with him. Still, it's all very good.

No comments: