Sunday, June 27, 2010

'Pickpocket'

Pickpocket explores the oft-visited argument that certain people are exempt from the human laws that keep us from stealing from and killing each other.

People need money. Why shouldn't some other sap have it taken away from him or her in order to fulfill this need? There are worse arguments out there. At least once in all of our lives do we take advantage of a situation because we feel like we deserve it or it's someone else's loss, even if that someone is a major corporation.

I think pickpockets are neat. And it was fascinating watching our hero learn the tricks of the trade and practice them on chairs and tables in his apartment.

I think pickpockets have balls. If I'm in a big city, I'm always wary of pickpockets. I don't know if they even exist or exist enough for it to be an actual problem. I'd like to think that I would be aware if someone was sticking their hand deep into my pocket to steal my wallet or cash.

Then again, pickpockets wouldn't exist at all if they were unable to dupe a sap like me.

No comments: