Tuesday, October 11, 2011

'The Last Seduction'

This always played on HBO or Cinemax back when I was a young teen and I always watched it for the sex scenes. Remember it clear as day.

Later when Linda Fiorentino gained more mainstream noteriety, I'd always know her as Bridget from The Last Seduction, a film that awakened by carnal instincts as a teenager.

Still today, the scenes intrigued me without getting overly graphic, and it never got overly graphic. Still, the scene when she's laying naked on the bed in the moonlight with all those curves and skin. Shit. Women are awesome, beautiful creatures.

Oddly, I don't think I actually followed the film, because I didn't even know Bill "Lone Star" Pullman was even in the film.

It's really a neat film, a real homage to the 1950s thrillers like The Postman Always Rings Twice and Double Indemnity. The smoldering woman continually playing the men in her life for some long, drawn out end where she gets all the money and everyone else winds up dead or in jail without a pot to piss in.

Granted, how dumb can Peter Berg's character really be? Can he not hear or see the phone off the hook after Bridget indiscreetly dials 911? Then he perpetually repeats how he was raping her and killed her husband, all on tape? He's as dumb as a bag of hammers. Ain't no skirt worth all that.

Fiorentino, by the way, is an interesting person. She's an avid photographer and received a bachelor's degree in political science. She's also done a total of five films -- none of which I've heard of -- since 2000.

No comments: