Wednesday, September 24, 2008

'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'

I find this entire premise dumb. It's semi-comical, mysterious, thriller tripe, which pits unassuming humans up against some paranormal entity that it can't really combat and it all eventually works itself out on its own accord.

They did the same thing with "Poltergeist" five years later.

Aliens are the dumbest thing to care about in the world. Not that I don't believe that somewhere in this vast universe there aren't other beings. I find it highly probable. I find it extremely improbable that they've ever landed or visited Earth multiple times more or less took such an interest as to abduct people and fly around.

I do got to admit the sub-storyline of the scientists finding all the missing ships and planes is pretty cool.

On another note, doesn't it seem the 1970s sucked. People weren't wearing enough clothes. Cars never started. It was always hot. People probably ate things like aliens, Bigfoot, the Bermuda Triangle and the Loch Ness monster up because they're dumb. Plus, they had personal duck ponds in their backyards but no Internet.

Plus, Richard Dreyfuss.

I would've blown my brains out.

No comments: