Thursday, March 5, 2009

'Vertigo' & 'The Birds'

These are rewatches.

Something I've thought about for a while: Currently I'm going through the films, records and books I haven't before watched, listened to or read. But I thought about going through all the films, records and books I'd already gone through.

This is borderline. I first and last saw "Vertigo" in college when I started getting interested in films, and I could rent old VHS releases for 50 cents.

"The Birds" I saw earlier in life because as a kid I got really into those movies where the animals, insects or reptiles started attacking people. Like the giant alligator attacking the city or the giant rats attacking the people in the log cabin. "The Birds" is probably the only halfways serious film about crazy-ass animals attacking. I guess birds could fuck you up. I always feel like I could survive such an episode.

What I loved most is that for half the movie, these people exist and party with no worries in the world. Suddenly, birds start attacking people and this is all they can think about.

FYI -- Kim Novak is smoking hot.

No comments: