Thursday, August 13, 2009

'Terminator' & 'Terminator 2'


I went and re-watched these two gems from my childhood due to the impending DVD release of the new "Terminator" film and my wife's addiction to the "Terminator" TV show that was cancelled most recently.

I think it's safe to say I don't hold these movies in the same regard than when I was a kid. Frankly, if I had to actually nominate five movies that need to be remade, I would put these two on the list.

The first one is particularly horrible. Forget the layer of the '80s that sticks to it like stink on sweat. I get that. It's the really, really bad sets (of the future), any special effects and the awful, awful acting. I mean, it's bad.

The second one is better, but John Connor's too precocious and Sarah Connor is too butch. There was a delicate sexiness about Linda Hamilton in the first film despite her not being very pretty, but in the second one all bets are off. She's a dog.

It's hard to imagine that Arnold Schwarzenegger was the coolest guy on Earth. Period. Now he's married to a Kennedy and a governor.

No comments: