Tuesday, June 7, 2011

'Mama's Gun'

Took me forever to find this album. Strange because I live in Erykah Badu's hometown, so you'd think there'd be plenty of copies hanging about.

Badu's been a person I've wanted to get into for a long time. Mostly because she has style. I often comment on the cover art on a book and what a difference my perception of that book compared to how I would actually enjoy that book.

Same with musicians. I'm addicted to the style and mystique as much as anyone. Badu has it. She's cooler than the other side of the pillow and the scary thing is, she knows it. It's not beauty that scares men shitless. It's confidence. Only someone as brash as Andre 3000 could make Badu swoon.

Anyway, it's a really good album and it whets the appetite to go out and find more. She's a beautiful, talented woman and if she needs someone to dissatisfy her physically and emotionally, I'm free.

Call me.

No comments: