Monday, November 24, 2008

'Ratatouille'

Animated films are really not my thing. And yet, I'll end up watching them and enjoying them.

So why don't I seek them out earlier? Probably because there are so many non-animated, great movies that I've never seen and would like to that animated films get the shaft.

Except "Ratatouille." Too many adults said this was a good film so I sought it out and I really liked it. Nevermind that it's about cooking or Paris -- two things I like reading about or watching. But it's smart and funny. It has a really good message.

Plus, I like that they didn't try to get the big names to come in and do voices. Watching the film, I had no idea who was doing the voices and then you look at hte line-up and you're slightly blown away: Patton Oswalt, Ian Holm, Brian Dennehy, Peter O'Toole, Brad Garrett, Will Arnett and Janeane Garofalo. Understated and perfect.

No comments: