Sunday, July 24, 2011

'Black Holes And Revelations'

In an article, one of the guys in the band Muse said that the band was influenced by Depeche Mode, Millionaire, Lightning Bolt, Sly and the Family Stone and music from southern Italy. (I assume that two of those groups are simply made up.)

Problem is, this album sounds like a bunch of rehashed U2 riffs, a couple of Rush lyrics and enough production to choke a donkey. Southern Italy. That alone signifies how retarded the guys in this band really are.

They started in 1994 and this is their fourth album. I remember last summer I saw that they were performing at an outdoor music festival that I was attending. I noticed their crowd was huge (they were second or third on the bill for the night. I kept wondering how did this band get so popular without me even hearing on them on some level.

It's not surprising, however, that they are popular. Like I said, they are cut from the same cloth as modern U2 and Coldplay. Pop music is popular. It's also derivative as shit.

No comments: