Saturday, July 2, 2011

'The Incredible Shrinking Man'

This is an interesting film. What would you do if you shrunk to the size of a few inches.

I would honestly make the most out of it. I think I'd want to be alone. I couldn't stand being around my wife and family -- all scary giants -- as they looked down (literally) on me and felt sorry for me. I'm already two inches tall. There are worse things. I don't need to feel bad.

Generally, there are accomodations are inch-tall people. A crust from a slice of bread will last you six months. A drop of water is your supply for the day. Indoor plumbing would be a problem, but general access to food water and the basics is there because of the lack of need on a daily basis.

I'd live in a dollhouse and just chill out. Problem is, they don't make tiny books or tiny TVs. It might geting boring. If I were educated enough, I'd attempt to build a camera and take photographs and make films from my perspective and somehow have them transferred to a regular-sized format. People can see Earth from the tiniest of perspective.

I'd also fight a bunch of spiders and poison the cat.

No comments: