Thursday, April 22, 2010

'Boston'

I first remember hearing "More Than a Feeling" when I was 14 years old. At the time, was learning to "drive" meaning my grandfather would let me hightail it through my family's back pastures in his pick-up truck going 90 mph. Of course, this was 1994. Eighteen years after the album was released.

It was a perfectly good song to me and "Boston" the album is equally as crisp and layered as any album ever recorded.

My other association with the album was my sophomore year of high school. In our theatre arts class, we were assigned to create a radio show with songs, advertisements, scripts and the whole nine yards.

My friends and I chose a classic rock format and each picked a song. I chose "Foreplay/Long Time." Guess who was not getting tons of girlfriends in high school! The guy who enjoys listening to "Foreplay/Long Time" as a 15-year-old boy.

No comments: