Monday, April 5, 2010

'Sex, Lies and Videotape'

Couldn't take this film very seriously for a series of reasons:

1. Andie McDowell. For whatever reason, people, namely casting directors, thought she was appealing on some level and I can not see it. Like, I would understand if she were cute. Girls in movies don't need to be knockouts, but they also need not resemble a man.

2. James Spader's hair. So ridiculous that it looks fake. At times, I lose my place in the dialogue or story because I find myself staring at his hair. It's a remarkable train wreck.

3. It's an oddly constructed story. It drops you in these people's lives explaining what they can. Suddenly, Spader's renting an apartment and making videos. I kind of need some more foreplay before I go deep into something. If you know what I mean.

No comments: