Saturday, August 6, 2011

'Run Lola Run'

For me, Run Lola Run does in 80 minutes that I don't feel Titanic did in three hours.

And that is showing what one woman's love for her man will make her do. For Lola, it was running the same route over and over to help her boyfriend get back money he lost on a subway.
Every time Lola screams and the glass breaks and the eardrums crackle, there's this intense emotion that sweeps out of the television speaks and into your very bloodstream.

If Rose had screamed a couple of dozen times in Titanic, you might actually feel like she was in love with ol' Jack.

I typically don't find myself a fan of foreign actors or actresses. But if you watch enough of them, you get to know names and faces. Moritz Bleibtreu is one of those.

He's sort of an ugly guy, but a brilliant actor, who I've come to love. He's in The Baader Meinhoff Complex and Munich, both great films. He's also portrayed Goebbels, who is the opposite of poor Manni.

No comments: