Monday, October 27, 2008

'3 Feet and Rising'

I read music magazines. I know what's good. I just don't know why it's good. That's kinda why this blog exists.

So I picked up De La Soul's "3 Feet and Rising" because in just about every list of best records (hip-hop and otherwise), this 1989 opus is included. I've probably read more about this album since I was 16 than I've actually listened to it.

In addition to popular periodicals, hip-hop fan friends tell me how good this album is.

Then I listen to it. And I don't get it.

Seems to me like it's a lot of talking and skits. Maybe like an Adam Sandler album.

Then they rap and I like it. Then I have to sit through some more talking and songs where they repeat one word, over and over.

I'm sure it's good. I'll just take your word for it.

No comments: