Wednesday, October 8, 2008

'Glengarry Glen Ross'

My wife works for a land development company. I learned that the salespeople in her company worship this movie. It is about selling property.

I guess it's motivational or whatever. A lot of good quotes for people who sell land.

Otherwise, I thought it an odd choice for a group of people that probably wouldn't know David Mamet if he walked into the room. Not that I would. But let's face it: If this film's about zookeepers, my wife's co-workers probably aren't watching it.

This is an odd film, too, because it is an adaptation of a play but instead of just turning it into a motion picture, it basically comes off as a filmed theater piece. The writing, acting and production is so stage-like. Not that it's bad, but again ... zookeepers.

No comments: