Friday, December 19, 2008

'Kandahar'

Nothing -- and I mean absolutely nothing -- weirds me out more than the burqa.

With no intent on being critical of another culture, those things are creeeeeepy. Even more so when you have a group of women in the burqas -- all faceless, like ghosts. Wrapped like mummies ready for burial.

And, to be honest, that whole area of the world creeps me out. I don't think there's enough money in the world to get me to visit Iran or Afghanistan. It seems so desolate, backwards and dangerous. Like there's no order.

Also, a lot of people complain about Americans being so fundamentally religious and Christianity is so awful, but those people have to realize that dangerous religion has no borders, ethnicities, colors or gods. There are as many nutty Christians as their are Catholics, Jews, Muslims or Buddhists.

No comments: