Wednesday, December 10, 2008

'Scissor Sisters'

Reading about Scissor Sisters you learn that the members really don't want to be defined as a "gay" band (being as three of the members are homosexual).

To me, this is an odd statement because I feel what I like about Scissor Sisters (the melodies, the vocals, the witty lyrics, the club-based music) is maybe influenced by their sexual orientation.

And I'm totally not trying to be insensitive or anything like that, but I get the distinct feeling that the Scissor Sisters are who they are because of ... well, who they are. Doesn't sound completely insane when you think about it.
Furthermore, I am disappointed by the bass player -- one, "Babydaddy" -- because he is allegedly gay, but he seems too fat and bearded to be gay. But that's just me.

No comments: