Saturday, August 14, 2010

'Judge Priest'

I never realized that Will Rogers had such a long filmography. I just always thought he'd do theater stuff and wrote books.

Rogers, funnily or tragically enough, lived to only 56 and he completed eight films the final year of his life. Judge Priest is the only inclusion on the 1,001 list. He was born in Oklahoma in 1879 before it was a state. He died in a plane crash in 1935 in Alaska before it was a state.

I don't remember what Judge Priest was about because it was really dumb. I assume I needed to watch it because why should we omit Rogers from this list.

The film also co-stars Hattie McDaniel, who would win an Oscar five years later in Gone with the Wind. I assume by this time she had perfected the role of the sassy black maid. Did'nt know that McDaniel was married four times, divorced thrice.

No comments: