Monday, January 5, 2009

'Definitely Maybe'

Oasis is one of my favorite bands of all time.

They're too honest to hate.

So when one of the Gallagher brothers gives a magazine interview, I typically read it. Most recently, in support of their newest album, Noel (the guitar player, I think) talked about their earlier albums and he noted that none of the songs from the 1990s through the early-2000s were written not on drugs. Meaning, they were on drugs when the songs were written.

See, this is the type of detail I enjoy learning about when I listen to a record or read a book.

Listening to "Definitely Maybe" and knowing that there was weed or coke in someone's veins or on the control booth table is very, very comforting and gives me, the listener, some context as to what was going on for the artists.

No comments: