Thursday, January 8, 2009

'My Left Foot'

How the fuck did Daniel Day-Lewis pull that off???

Man, in about 30 years, we will be supremely confident in calling that guy probably the best actor of our time. Two Oscars already and a handful of fantastic performances. No doubt he finishes with a long life and a shelf full of golden awards.

What intrigued me initially about Day-Lewis was a 60 Minutes vignette about him during the acclaim of "There Will Be Blood." Not having really noticed him at length, I watched it and I instantly wanted to watch all of his films.

Since, I've seen "Gangs of New York," "My Left Foot," "There Will Be Blood," "In the Name of the Father" and "The Crucible" and he's stellar in all of them.

I don't like giving actors and actresses and celebrities a lot of credit, but he does his job entirely too well and puts forth so much effort that it's hard to keep the guy down.

No comments: