Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes'

I loved TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain." More than loved it, it's probably my favorite album of 2007, or whenever it came out. It's an album that stands up over time.

Frankly, I really enjoying their latest from 2008 and dipping back into their first album (this one) is a real treat because it's all good.

This is a band that 75 percent of the American population has either neither heard of or heard. This is a band that a lot of people that listen to this type of music didn't give the time of day until two years ago.

And here, right now, they have three really solid albums (one great, probably two very good). If you had to list the top 20 bands of the 21st century, they'd be on it, right? Maybe. But nonetheless, I probably have a handful of friends I would consider "fans" of TV on the Radio.

And that's a shame.

No comments: