Friday, January 23, 2009

'Millions Now Living Will Never Die'

Maybe it's old age. Why is it that I listen to and thoroughly enjoy more instrumental music nowadays?

At 14, 21 or even 26, I would've never given Six Parts Seven, Tortoise, Godspeed ..., Explosions in Your Face a second of a listen knowing that there wouldn't be any lyrics or discernable parts of a song (choruses, whatnot).

I find myself now gently floating down the river like Jim and Huck swaying to the beats and rhythyms of bands that have no interest in songwrighting.

What in the name of Rufus Wainwright is happening to me?

1 comment:

Garrison Reid said...

Rufus,
When will you abandon the "in your Face" and realize they deserve the "respect" that is calling them Explosions in the Sky.

BTW, my word verification is "gionisms." What do you think that is?