Thursday, February 5, 2009

'Freaks'

I was prepared to be pretty digusted at this film because circus freaks kinda disgust me.

Not in a bad way. I guess there's no good way to disgust a fellow human being, but there's something creepy about people who look like God got drunk one day.

Instead, I find myself really liking the "freaks" and feeling incredibly bad when they are the butt of everyone's joke.

Are there still "freaks" today? You never see them in circuses and there doesn't seem to be a ton of carnivals and, even if, they don't have the sideshow affairs like they used to.

So if these people actually exist (and I don't mean the small people or the guy with no legs) but the people with the odd-shaped heads and the guy that is just a stump. Where are these people? Why don't I see them working at Wal-Mart or whatever?

Nevertheless, Hans was a dick. Small person or no.

No comments: