Friday, February 6, 2009

'Pi'

I love math and science. I wish I were better at both in school and I especially wish I was really good at both because the mathematicians and scientists I talk to are pretty interesting people.

Then again, would I get so wrapped up in math and science that I wouldn't be able to give "Hamlet" any time? That would be sad.

Also, I like how this film incorporated religion, per the Kabbalah Jews who were trying to get the main character to share with them the code to the Torah.

Many would like to divorce religion and science-math because religion is based on faith which is the belief in something that can't be seen or touched. Whereas, math and science are the opposite.

But as the main character notes, math is the language of nature. Part of nature is humankind. And part of humankind is religion. So why wouldn't science and math have anything to do or to explain religion? Why does everything have to be so black and white with people?

No comments: