Tuesday, February 17, 2009

'New Boots and Panties!'

I have a friend and his name is Nick. He is British and has a ton of recordings from cool British groups (from punk to whatever) that I would never give a chance for one reason or another.

He is friendly and burns albums for me, including Ian Dury's "New Boots and Panties!"

I knew that Nick liked Ian Dury so I asked him for the album and I literally had no idea what the album would sound like. It sounds a lot more exhilarating than it actually is.

Honestly, I was really pleasantly surprised with Ian Dury. He's very dry and witty. His music is nothing more than straight rock and roll. He really pulls no punches and there's really nothing to get or understand. It's actually a record I've played more than the three spins I give a lot of other records.

Nick can be pleasantly surprising.

No comments: