Wednesday, June 17, 2009

'Beau Travail'

I thought this was a really good film. What I liked most is the setting (northern Africa) and the group of actors.

The film is about a commander of a platoon of Foreign Legionnaires, who grows envious of one of his soldiers due to his physical and social beauty. With the chance to destroy the soldier, the commander intentionally almost kills him and is court martialed and, we assume, kills himself.

For one, I really liked the platoon of guys. I read that one of them was actually in the Foreign Legion and, thus, knew exercises and whatnot so it looked incredibly real.

Of course, the more I thought about it, I'm kinda gay in regards to this movie. It took about a day to realize that every scene there are young, fit males in either really short shorts, Speedos, no shirts all sweaty and glistening in the African sun. Then, the conflict between the commander and soldier is extremely homosexual in nature. At least on the commander's part.

So the question here is: Am I gay?

No comments: