Tuesday, June 16, 2009

'Koyaanisqatsi'

I get and like this film. It's very thought provoking, which I assume was the point.

I guess I feel a little conflicted about things. Am I or us as a society supposed to feel bad about how we live? Ashamed? Remorseful?

The subtitle for this film is "Live Out of Balance" which may be a comment on how we, humans, live or how our lifestyles have knocked the Earth out of balance. Probably both.

But then again, I watched this film on my computer on Hulu. Is that part of the balance?

I guess I don't get how people feel about our environment and culture. Are we supposed to change things or just realize that things are out of balance, which is better than just living in ignorance under the illusion that everything's OK.

I just feel a film is part of the reason everything's out of balance so it's part of the problem, not the solution (which we don't even know what that is anyway).

No comments: