Monday, June 1, 2009

'Beauty and the Beat'

My consciousness of The Go-Gos has three different phases.

As a child, I thought The Go-Gos were incredibly catchy (as well as the Bangles) and I loved them. My earliest memories of music come from 1980s pop radio and me thinking it was the most amazing sounding thing ever.

The second phase came in high school and college after I watched the "Behind the Music" of The Go-Gos and I realized they were all sluts and it drove me crazy because I would've been such a hardcore groupie.

The third phase is taking place right now. I saw "Beauty and the Beat" at the record store for a silly low price so I picked it up. I love it. I've played it probably a dozen times in two weeks. It's punky, fun, incredibly melodic and energetic has all hell.

No comments: