Tuesday, June 16, 2009

'Parachutes' & 'A Rush of Blood to the Head'


Any band or musical artist responsible for the quality of the following lyrics should be disregarded:

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

Christ almighty. I've always thought Coldplay were awful but after going through two of their albums (considered to be their best) I now know it for sure.

Not that Coldplay are completely without value. They're soul-less. They're soft rock. They have no meat. No depth.

They're popular because they know how to write at least one catchy melody and there's a mirage of being rock despite being soft rock. Trust me, in 20 years, a soft rock radio station will be going through the catalog of Coldplay like crazy.

I think their value lies in the fact that maybe some young teenager learning to play the guitar latches onto Coldplay. Like myself, they might graduate to more meatier, important and good music like Radiohead or The Beatles.

No comments: