Thursday, June 18, 2009

'Bonnie and Clyde'

Faye Dunaway was a fox of the highest order. I'm enjoying her work.

Another good Warren Beatty film. I don't find Bonnie and Clyde terribly interesting and I don't find the film very interesting because I found out they took a number of liberties with actual people (not necessarily events). Frankly, if you have to rework stuff to make it interesting then it probably wasn't interesting to begin with.

I do find it interesting that nowadays they don't have shootouts involving major criminals. The Bonnie and Clyde thing and the John Dillinger shoot out in front of the movie theater would never, ever happen these days.

In fact, these days, you rob a bank and they allow you just to walk out and if you engage in a high-speed chase, they let you go to protect citizens. Back then, they just blew you away.

No comments: